Today is the last really warm day we are likely to see for a while. Tomorrow is the official start of “brrrr!!” weather! Ok, so next week we will actually still be in the 70s, but still.
As much as I love the heat and am always looking for my next summer dress, I do have a love for the moments I can wear my boots again. Every fall season, I set out to buy my essentials. This includes a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin scented candles (I am sensing a theme here), and, of course, fall fashion. I wanted to share a few of my must haves for Autumn 2013.
1. J.Crew Boy Shirt in Beaded Chambray and J.Crew Factory Classic Chambray Shirt – While I wear my chambray shirt year round, there is something about denim that just says “fall” to me. I am absolutely in love with the look and feel of J.Crew’s chambray tops. And whether you are looking for a basic chambray or one that is more embellished, they’ve got you covered.
2. Alba Botanica Refining Aloe & Green Tea Natural Hawaiian Moisturizer – Cold weather has a tendency to dry out skin, making moisturizer more important than ever. Alba Botanica’s oil free moisturizer is by far the best I have ever used. It is extremely light, isn’t greasy, and doesn’t weigh on my skin. It has also been great under my make up.
3. Nasty Gal Transformer Moto Jacket – Leather and leather-like looks are once again a huge trend. And really, there is never really a time when a stylish jacket is not on trend. I adore this Nasty Gal take on the moto jacket, which combines a faux leather appearance with the feminine peplum touch. Wanting something a bit edgier? Unzip the peplum for a cropped style.
4. Urban Outfitters Fall For Cable-Knit Sweater by BDG – It’s sweater weather time! A good cable knit sweater is always an essential wardrobe piece. And any oversized sweater just makes getting cozy that much easier. Those chambray shirts would be perfect to layer underneath this.
5. ASOS Plaid Shoulder Bag by Fred Perry – Fall colors shouldn’t just apply to clothes, but to your accessories as well. I love the warm colors this Fred Perry bag showcases. And come on…it’s plaid!
6. Seychelles Nothing to Hide Boots – I am forever on the lookout for new boots. These are just great! Their simplicity makes it so incredibly easy to pair up with nearly anything. And the slight distress on the heel and toe lets everyone know you’re up for some good outdoor fall fun.
7. Etsy (GraceandLaceCo) Milly Lace Cable Knit Boot Socks – I love, love, love my boot socks! These are made and sold by GraceandLaceCo on etsy, but the shop owner also has a partnership with the Apricot Lane chain, which is where I purchased mine. I opted for the knee high socks so I can wear them with tall boots, but can also scrunch them down for calf boots.
8. Gap 1969 Sexy Boyfriend Jeans – Boyfriend jeans are a great go-to for casual styles. Paired with the right top and accessories, they can give any laid back tomboy appearance a real feminine nod.
9. LuLu’s Take Leaf Floral Print Cardigan – Fall weather doesn’t always mean you must sport your thickest sweater and warmest jacket at all times. So for the lighter days, grab a cute cardigan for extra layers when needed. The floral motif on this one stands out amongst the boring old standby and keeps you on trend.
10. Essie Nail Polish in Vested Interest and After School Boy Blazer – Time to put away the bright corals and light purples of nail polish and head for something a little more muted. The woolen grey and blue-black colors in Essie’s fall 2013 collection are perfect neutral colors that will add a pop to any look you pull off. Kudos if you wear both at the same time!
What fashion or beauty items immediately come to mind when fall weather hits your area?